Piano By Ear Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions outline what policies are with regard to cancelled lessons, missed lessons, lessons location, payments and refunds.
- A 60 minute individual session online or in one of the teaching spaces that are mentioned on this website.
- Lessons in other locations (your home or office for example) or longer than 60 minutes may incur extra costs to the student.
- Any discounted or free offer is subject to these terms and conditions and excludes any other offer.
- Lessons are scheduled during the entire year.
- The school term according to the NSW school calendar has no impact on the Piano By Ear calendar.
- Lessons that fall on a national or NSW public holiday will not take place, and they will not be charged.
Timetabling and Location
- Lessons are subject to the teacher's availability.
- Lessons must be at weekly intervals, at the same time slot and at the same location.
- Lessons taking place at intervals longer than one week will incur extra costs to the student.
- Changes in time and/or location can be requested and will be subject to the teacher's availability.
- Changes in location may incur extra costs to the student.
IMPORTANT: Please choose a time for your lessons carefully as make-up lessons can't be guaranteed and will be subject to the teacher's discretion.
- Regardless of what time the student makes themselves available for their lesson, lessons are automatically charged at the booked starting time of each lesson, to the credit card designated to the student's profile at the time of signing up.
- Alternative payment arrangements can be requested and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and may be accepted at Piano By Ear's discretion.
Cancellations, missed lessons and make-up lessons
- For a booked lesson not to be automatically charged at its booked starting time, students are required to give at least 24 hours notice (email or text message) if they need to cancel or reschedule lessons.
- Lessons missed or cancelled by the student AFTER the 24-hour cancellation notice period WILL BE CHARGED IN FULL.
- Lessons missed or cancelled by the student outside the 24-hour cancellation notice period CANNOT be rescheduled, which means payments for missed lessons are not reusable, refundable, or transferable.
- Any pre-paid lessons that are missed by the teacher will be refunded in full.
- Lessons cancelled or rescheduled due to extreme circumstances will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Feel free to contact us via email, or by phone between 9am and 8pm to discuss any issues or concerns. Please leave a message if your call is not taken. We aim to respond to emails and return calls by the next business day.